Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sarah's Post from Salamanca

Sarah posted this on her journal when we were in Salamanca... I'm working on titling all of my photos, and then I'll get to blog-writing. I swear.

Aug. 5th, 2006

11:28 am

I know I am terrible at updating this journal now. But I just updated a friend a little about what is going on and so I figured... what the heck, I should post an entry. YAY!!!!

Still no pictures (Sorry Matt, but it's a little difficult)

We began this trip dying from the heat.. literally dying. I was in shock coming from cold and raining Mexico to hot and humid Spain. I felt like I was melting and the only refuge was AIR CONDITIONING. I swear.... you would pass a place where the doors would open and a cool gust would drift toward you as you walked by and it felt like God had descended upon me an blessed me for about 2 seconds. Then the doors would close and you would go back to the heat and realize that it was just air conditioning and that whole god thing was just a 2 second fluke and that I must really be going insane.

Other the heat.... in the beginning, Spain is awesome. We met up with Beatriz who was my mom's exchange student in high school and who I met as a 4 year old. She was fun and full of life and energy. She invited us to stay with her when we go back to Madrid to fly home.... YESSSS!!! We are so going to stay with her.

Barcelona was huge, the LA of Spain. I say the LA of Spain cause 1st, it was on the beach, 2nd everything was spread out like LA. You could not just walk around and see everything in about 1 hour, no it was more like you could walk around for days and still there would be more of Barcelona up that hill, or down that way. Yeah it was big. We saw the famous European beaches with the famous naked people. It was really funny cause we were with Alejandro's family... Mama Carmela and all...and we are standing at this light waiting for it to turn when a butt naked man comes up right next to us. Stark naked.... all of it!!! We all look, my eyes widen until I hear someone grab Arianna and say.... uhh Arianna come here and let me cover your eyes. Andrea quickly runs over to Mama Carmela and blocks her view while she is standing giggling and smiling. I could not help but watch him as he continued his way down the street. Ahh... Europeans.

After Barcelona was Andorra, which is a ski resort country, but it is summer. So really you could hike or bike all day or go shopping. It was ok... got us away from the heat. No great stories there.

Pamplona was next. Which was a quaint little town but nothing special. I had great fun walking around the whole place looking for a hotel with g-ma. I almost lost my voice talking so dang much between the gazillion questions back and forward.... yeah that I so much fun.

In the last town we were in it rained a little and we all freaked out. It was really exciting as I took tons of pics... hehehe. It is actually not hot in the town we are in today.... which I did not realize until I actually stepped out onto the street in my tanktop and shorts and realized... aahhh it's kind of cold, I really wish I had a sweater. But it's ok cause we found a laundry/internet place that is nice and warm. We were the only ones in here until about 2 mins ago.. damn.
(

Oh my cousin and grandparents left today back to the states.... it's so sad, I can't bug my cousin anymore and she can't give me the death look.... ugh!

Spaniards like talking to me in English even when I speak in Spanish... I don't get it. They will even give me an English menu. I suppose my Mexican accent throws them and they think I don't know what I am saying. Ay!

Last night at dinner there was the typical American family eating.. my favorite typical american quote was... "Gosh! Did they have to give me a whole cow for dinner?" - Daughter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home