Saturday, August 05, 2006

Washin´ and Writin'

We're currently at an internet cafe/laundromat in Salamanca, Spain. Itś a college town and I really like the vibe... We arrived here yesterday evening after splitting from Sarah's grandparents and cousin. Now it's just me, Sarah and Rima (her mom). I'm going to make a bunch of photo posts about the last couple weeks once I get home, so for now... a more general entry about the trip. First off, Sarah and I officially HATE eurail passes. WORST INVESTMENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!! They are 1) a waste of money, 2) inconvenient, 3) ANNOYING... ha. Oh well, that's how you learn, right? Right. Ever since we left Barcelona we've been in much cooler weather; it even rained in Pamplona. We're appreciating the break before we head to the extreme temperatures in Italy. Yikes.

Here is our upcoming itinerary:

This week we're probably heading to Portugal.
Aug 11 - Travel to Paris
Aug 12 - Paris
Aug 13 - Paris
Aug 14 - Paris/Travel to London
Aug 15 - London
Aug 16 - London
Aug 17 - Travel to Italy
Aug 18 - Arrive in Siena
Aug 19 - Florence? Travel to Abruzzo
Aug 20 - Rome/Abruzzo
Aug 21 - Travel to Venice
Aug 22 - Travel to Luzern, Switzerland
Aug 23 - Luzern
Aug 24 - Luzern
Aug 25 - ?
Aug 26 - ?
Aug 27 - ?
Aug 28 - Madrid
Aug 29 - Madrid
Aug 30 - Fly home!


Last week was a little rough. First, upon leaving Barcelona and heading to Andorra, my suitcase broke. Once we got to Andorra, I got sick (fever, chills, cough, etc.). Luckily, I was able to temporarily fix the suitcase and now all I have is a nagging cough... but I was down for a couple days.

Things are going better now and I'm getting even more excited for the second half of our trip because we'll get to see some of you and I'll get to meet some of Sarah's friends from this past year.

If you would like a postcard, email me your mailing address. I thought ahead enough to make sure I had email addresses, but not mailing ones... lo siento.

There have been some funny and not-so-funny-but-amusing-in-retrospect instances so far on this trip, but I want to wait until I have time to write them in an entertaining fashion... oh the suspense!

This is a very scattered entry.

Our laundry is done!


Side notes:
Talia - I didn't see the scarves in Barcelona, but Sarah said she saw them in France last time she was here, so I'll keep my eyes open! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Matt - When do you go to Japan? I forget the exact date...
Sarah H. - Hi! How are things with the house?

5 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous AHHHH I CANT READ ANY PROMPTS said...

Hello. I`m here. And look at all the cool symbols (they`ll probably just show up as question marks, but I`ll try)

\ しいが獲

あさくさ

ときょ

じゃぱねせ

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi pooky!!!!! I'm pretty good. House stuff sucks, got bailed out on again. I'm currently drinking hard cider with april and watching an exercise video on mute. So yeah, I'll write you guys an e-mail soon. I just wanted you to know that I'm still alive and all that. I've just been working a lot and went to tahoe last weekend for a family get together. I'll write to you when i get some more time. Maybe tonight if my booty call doesnt show. loves yous twos muchos.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Sophia Teper said...

Laurie, it sounds like you're having an amazing time and I'm really happy for you. Don't worry about blogging as long as you're writing stuff down somewhere and taking about 8.000.000 pictures (the periods instead of commas were just for you).

see ya when you get back!

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi laurie! i miss you!! sari, sonja, and i are all reading your blog together right now. we love you and are glad you're having a good time. love, tessa

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Laurie - this is Carrie, Sarah's grandma..........hope you two are doing well and having fun!!!!!! I want to know if I can use parts of your blog.....and I'll be asking Sarah about her journal.......to send out to my friends with my comments about the trip???.......only the comments you have regarding the time you & Sarah spent with all of us....not the rest of your trip? Let me know if that's OK........Carrie
seaplum00@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home