Thursday, August 24, 2006

That'll be a euro and a beer... thank you very much!

We just got back from a jazz jam band show at a fancy hotel in Luzern. It was a really nice place with lots of people and a view of the city. We're calling it a night because in the morning, bright 'n early at 6:45am, we leave on our 13+ hour trekk over to San Sebastian, Spain (beach town! Whoooo!!!). We're taking a train from Luzern to Basel, then to Paris, then to St. Jean de Luz (where we had originally planned to stay, but the hostels were booked), and then a combination of trains over to San Sebastian. All is well because we're well stocked with Swiss chocolate and it's our second-to-last train ride of the trip! Hard to believe...

I've really enjoyed Switzerland. I think coming here at the end of the trip worked out perfectly... It's relaxing, scenic, and Dennis' mother is a great cook. Heh. After 5 weeks of seeing-an-entire-major-city-in-one-or-two-days (which, don't get me wrong, I've loved... it's exciting and fun, but also extremely exhausting) it's felt good to go for hikes and take it easy. Well, take it easy except for our trip to Australia today.......










It rained so we went to an IMAX, heh. It counts, sorta kinda. Okay, not really, but it made me wanna go... so... there's that.



WHOA -- there are fireworks across the lake! Gotta go watch, end of post.



2 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Sari said...

I like reading your posts, even if they are not often and I don't get to hear about much, can't wait to really hear about everything. I am so sad that I am just missing you in Berkeley.
love,
Sari

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think you're so cool with your euro and beer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home